- God’s unconditional love for us caused him to sacrifice his only son for our salvation. What are some ways we can sacrifice out of love for God?
- What are some practical ways you can turn love into action at home? Are there different ways you can show Christ’s love at work or school?
- Are there any people or situations where you have encountered God’s love in the world today?
Feature (Kathy Ferguson)
- Kathy and her students take time to visit Jesus in adoration, and ask him what they could change about their lives. Are there questions that you may want to take to Jesus and ask for help?
- Are there people that God has placed in your path, whether to serve them or to receive help from them?
- Kathy said she knew God has placed her for a particular reason. What reasons might God have had to place you in your current situation?
- Paul shared how RCIA and the consistent discussion about the faith helped him grow as a Christian. Are there opportunities in your parish where you can join in discussion about religion?
- What are some ways you can encourage those around you to become a part of your parish community?
Feature (Christopher West)
- What are some ways in which the sexual revolution has changed society’s understanding of the body as an image and likeness of God?
- Are there ways we could show mercy, misericorida, in a way that helps heal the wounds of others?
Profile of a Disciple
- What are some ways in which God might be calling you to serve?
- Who are the people who need your commitment, time and mercy? Perhaps it’s a family member, perhaps an elderly neighbor, or perhaps those in need of your commitment are those who require simple, loving service in daily life.
- Have you ever experienced a similar situation with a roommate? If so, how did you handle it?
- Proverbs 17:14 says, “To start a conflict is to release a flood; stop the dispute before it breaks out.” What benefits are there to stepping up and preventing a dispute before it escalates?
- Have you ever considered that our rights come from God? How might this change your views on freedom in society?
- Jesus said: “Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me’ (Matt 25:40). How does this teaching change how we serve the vulnerable in society?
- Have you ever had trouble trusting your children, parents, spouse or yourself after a mistake? How might doing something constructive to make satisfaction change your outlook on the situation?
- God constantly forgives our faults, but he still asks that we work to repair the relationship. How might this approach to forgiveness and trust shape our relationship with our children? Friends? Parents?
Saint of the Month
- In what ways did Saint Katharine Drexel devote her time, talent, and treasure to God?
- How can we learn from Saint Katharine’s example of sacrificial generosity?
- Many Easter traditions stem from Christian beliefs. What are some ways you can incorporate Church teachings into your family’s Lenten journey?
- Creating unique family traditions during Lent can help build family-life and teach children about Christianity. Are there ways to make Lent and Easter more meaningful through activities like those suggested in the article? Can you make Bible stories more engaging through coloring or acting out some of the scriptures?
- How might taking the opportunity to explain what Good Friday means to you help your boss understand the importance of having that day off work?
- If you are unable to take the day off, how might you still find ways to witness to your faith and observe Good Friday while still at work?
- What are some ways you can incorporate intercessory prayer into your daily life?
- Going slowly, step by step, can have many benefits in daily prayer. What is one small step you could take to draw closer to God this Lent?